Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

tough day

Woke up at 6:30 and made breakfast for everyone. Yay for easy scrambled eggs and a pot of coffee (for me only). Then, off to Aunt B's house for babysitting her two little ones. 

I didn't really think that it would be as hard as it was. The kids are still trying to grieve the loss of their daddy (my Uncle C). One of the hardest things that I've ever done is sit and play with two kids who didn't want me to be there. They wanted their daddy to be playing with them. The youngest (3 year old) is having extreme separation anxiety. When he wanted his mommy this afternoon, there was nothing I could do to stop him from crying. I know that he was thinking that mommy wouldn't come home from work, like daddy didn't come home that awful day. Both of the kiddos were extremely happy to see mommy walk back in the door. 

I was happy to see Aunt B too. 

2 comments:

  1. That has to be hard for both them and you. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. You'll get through this.

    Love, Mere

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was. Thank you, I really appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete