Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Photo Op by the River

This morning when I woke up, I walked into the living room and both of the boys had already had baths and were in some nicer clothing, the baby was in her brand new Valentine's Day outfit, mom was dressed up, and Jules was well on her way to being dressed nicer than her usual jeans and a t-shirt look. I was told that we were going to try to go take some pictures out by the Trinity River, near downtown. Mom said that their was some graffiti that looked nice as a back drop to some pictures. I found it kind of ironic. Some of the best artwork and picture back drops also happen to be one of society's pet peeves. So, in true Valentine's Day spirit, I showered and dressed in a "date night" outfit that consisted of my best dark jeans, hot pink tank, and a white cotton blouse on top. Black flats completed the look. Dad finally got around to getting showered and clean-shaven, then we piled into the car and headed out.

I got some great pictures, and because we were all pretty scatter-brained after the last 2 weeks, nobody had remembered to grab an actual camera, so we took the photos on my camera phone and my mom's iPhone. My pictures turned out better than hers did...

One of my favorites was this one, where the sunlight shone through the tree branches. I didn't realize what I had captured until after we left. I had on my sunglasses and because they are polarized, I wasn't able to get a very good idea of what was on the screen while I took the picture.

And, I've always wanted a "shadow picture". I even got a bonus because it contains 3 family generations into one pretty impressive picture...

It's been a pretty relaxed day. It has helped that there wasn't anything major going on today and I felt great about myself. A little makeup and nicer style never hurt anyone...

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll be adding you to my read list :)

    I love the picture with the sun shining through the trees and the shadow picture, too! GREAT PICS!!

    Love, Mere

    ReplyDelete