Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Your toes are red!!!"

It has been a freaking long day!!! We got up and was out of the house by 10:30 this morning, we stopped by Aunt B's house to drop off the birthday invitations for Michael's birthday party on Sunday. While we were there, B's little one noticed that my toe nails had been painted a really sparkly red color. He thought it was worth pointing out to me (which I already knew, since I painted them) and got really excited. 

We ran some more errands, which included going over to my mom's house and dropping off her and Theresa (my sister) their Valentine's Day cards, almost a month late. But better late than never, right?! 

We came back and did some major landscaping work on the front yard. We have plans to finish the rest, but moving 25 squares of sod and four 40 pound bags of topsoil around really takes a lot out of two people, so we will finish it later. We also dug about 6 inches all the way around parts of the sidewalk and driveway in order to lay edging down to keep the runoff of dirt and rain to a minimum. That was even harder work, considering all of the roots and rocks that we kept encountering. 

I'm exhausted. I love my Brian. I love my family. I love my life. 

I'm in a good place right now, despite the grief and stress around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment