Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In Loving Memory

In memory of a life so beautifully lived, a heart so deeply loved 

There is a memory candle that gets lit every week at my support group, and this is what the candle holder says. I think that it is fitting, considering the last week.

Yesterday morning, I found out that my great-uncle Field had passed away of a heart attack on Monday night. Please, be with my family as we celebrate the life he lived. We are honored to be related to this wonderful man, who loved his family and God more than anything else. It is sad for us, but we all know without a doubt that he is celebrating Holy Week and Easter in Heaven with the Lord of Lords, and he is so happy about it!

Brian and I are working on our family trees, to combine them for the wedding. I needed some information about my great grandmother, so I dug back into my Senior Scrapbook from high school and found what I was looking for. In her funeral paper thing (I really have no idea what it's called, but it is the paper that they give you that tells you a little bit about the deceased person's life, like her birthday), there was a poem that was printed on it. I wanted to take a moment and share it with you:

I AM FREE
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free. 
I am following the path God laid for me. 
I took His hand when I heard Him call, 
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day, to laugh, 
to love, to work or play.
Tasks undone must stay that way.
I found that peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void, then fill it
with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, 
ah, these things I too, will miss. 
Be not burdened with time of sorrow,
I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much,
good friends, good times, a loved one touched.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

With all the two deaths of family members that we have survived these last few days, I have to remember that we are not crying for them. They are no longer in pain, they aren't hurting or sick anymore. We are crying for us. AND IT'S OKAY. Crying is one of the most healing things that you can do, so if it helps you to cry, then please cry!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment