Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

dresses, flowers, and kids! OH MY!

So much has happened recently!

We found my wedding dress!!!! After trying on 3 other dresses, I slipped this one on and instantly loved it! I knew before I walked out to show my "entourage" that this was definitely in the top 2. When I went to try on dresses, I didn't go in expecting to find my dress. I had found 3 dresses online at David's Bridal and had printed off their pictures; I texted several women who are important to me and told them if they wanted to come to the appointment, they were more than welcome to. That day, I took my mom, my future mother-in-law, my future sister-in-law, my Aunt Jenny, and her daughter Haley dress shopping with me. I'm so glad that they were all able to make it and share in this special once in a lifetime experience! I went in expecting to try on one style. When the bridal consultant saw what I was looking for, she let me try on what I came to try on, and then she said, "If it is okay with you, I am going to pull another dress or two that you might like better, even if they are out of your comfort zone." Since I had the pressure of my mother just beyond the fitting room door, I said okay. She brought this one back in, along with a lace gown. I LOVED this one. It fit so beautifully. It is the only dress that I've ever worn that I want to put back on and wear more than once. I NEVER wear dresses, and I certainly never get the urge to put one on just because. For some reason though, with this one, I want to wear it just because I feel so beautiful in it!
My dress! 


 The same day we went and found my wedding dress, my mom and I had spent that morning in Hobby Lobby picking out what flowers I wanted for the ceremony. I had some idea that it was going to be difficult to decide this part, but I didn't think it was going to be SO hard. At one point, I cried, but in the end, we put together something that I am very happy with!
Center aisle arrangement
 Mom is gracious enough to make yellow calla lily boutonnieres for all the men. We picked out 2 large purple roses for both my MoH and my bridesmaid to carry. We got the basket for my flower girl, we still have to get the petals for her. The only thing we have left is to get my bouquet, women's corsages (which I have entrusted to my mom to make), and the reception decorations.

For those family members who can't attend our wedding because they are no longer with us, but have become our angels, we are setting up a memorial table and a memorial candle in their honor. Mom thought that it was going to be depressing, but Brian and I want it, so we will have it! 


In other, non-wedding related news, I have started kind of doing yoga. I actually just got my yoga mat in yesterday, and I'm really not very good at it yet. I love doing it though! I feel really good afterwards!

Brian's Grandad is getting worse. :( We found out recently that he has cancer. We didn't realize until yesterday that more than 75% of his lungs are covered in cancer cells. Brian's dad (the kids call him Grandy, so that is how I will refer to him here) is in denial about how bad it really is. The whole family is worried that we will have a funeral to attend within the next month or so. Please pray for Grandad, and Naw (his wife), and of course the rest of us. We don't know what is going to happen to Naw after Grandad leaves, but we all trust that God will provide. 

The kids went to Arkansas for Spring Break (I think I mentioned this earlier, sorry for the repetition), and they seemed to have a good time. I was a little worried that when they came back, they were going to compare me to Kim and then wouldn't like me. Or didn't want me and Brian to get married. Thankfully, nothing like that happened! On Sunday while Brian was at work, I let them watch The Wizard of Oz from 1939 with Judy Garland. Then, they grabbed showers and we played their favorite card games until bedtime. Aaron's favorite is Uno, and he really likes the one that we got for Christmas from my mom, it's the Mod version. Emily's favorite is Bandits, also a Christmas gift. :) We also really enjoy playing Left, Right, Center. I'm glad that they are back home now, though. The house was too quiet with Brian working nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment